I've had my fair share of stressful days lately - the anticipation of a potential move, heavy workloads, days spent fretting about the future, not to mention my macbook's daily tantrum's... it all adds up (totally blaming mercury being in retrograde throughout most of September too!). I've jotted down a list of simple, fail-safe ways that help me to de-stress, in the hope that it may help you too!
1. Breathe. Take a moment to take three deep breaths. Or try the 4-7-8 breathing technique, LOVE Dr. Weil, he does a great demo of this here.
2. Make a chamomile tea - it's soothing and helps you to relax and unwind.
3. Watch Gilmore Girls, Parks & Rec, or Friends. Anything light and easy that makes you laugh!
4. Get Moving. Practice a gentle, yoga sequence to clear your mind - try this yoga for stress routine.
5. Learn a little about the stars.
6. Look up. Looking at the skies, a blanket of stars or watching the sun rise is an instant stress relief for me.
7. Sleep. Or take a nap. Try the This Works Deep Sleep Spray, a divine pillow mist with lavender and chamomile for a dreamy night's sleep.
8. Write. Treat yourself to some pretty stationery & jot and note down your thoughts, idea's and plans.
9. Do that task you've been putting off, you'll feel SO much better once it's done.
10. Light a luxe, scented candle. The White Company's Autumn Candle is ideal for this time of the year!
11. Tidy up. A clean and clutter free home can do wonders for your stress and productivity levels!
12. Take a trip to Lush, splurge on an uplifting, reassuring pick like The Comforter Bubble Bar, then melt into a long bath, filled with silky soft bubbles.
13. Think, list off and feel grateful for 5 little things that you love and that make you happy, this is my top way to break a downwards spiral - by the time I get to the fifth, I start to feel happier and less stressed. For example, mine right now (& normally always) is... Harry Potter, Christmas, Autumn...